Business Support Assistant (Emergency Response)-world food programme wfp vacancy
world food programme wfp vacancy WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
world food programme wfp vacancy TERMS AND CONDITIONS-jobs
Position Title: Business Support Assistant (Emergency Response)
Contract Type: Special Service Agreement
Contract Duration: 3 Months (with possibilities of extension)
Duty Station: Colombo Sri Lanka
Nationality: SriLankan only
Language: Tamil and English
Remuneration: Attractive remuneration package following UN policy including salary and medical insurance
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Friday, 7 October 2022
world food programme wfp vacancy ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT
The World Food Programme Community Feedback Mechanism (CFM) is designed primarily to operationalize WFPs Acountability to the Affected populations (AAP), and more broadly to support overall operations in an attempt to be more transparent and accountable to all stakeholders, including partners, government and non-government entities, and donors.
world food programme wfp vacancy Sri Lanka country office has developed the CFM that includes hotline numbers, emails and snail mail facilities through which beneficiaries and non-beneficiaries can direct their feedback, complaints as well as other inquiries. Staff has been trained on AAP aspects and awareness mechanisms are developed and designed.
WFP Sri Lanka also has standardized the system by having a globally recognized customer relations management platform called Sugar CRM that supports data security of the callers. The CFM covers all aspects of WFP operations in Sri Lanka and address reports of all stakeholders involved. This incorporates anyone who wishes to contact WFP irrespective of the reason.
JOB PURPOSE-world food programme wfp vacancy
The business support officer is responsible to answer enquiries; resolve majority of the targeting and general enquiries, registering them, follow-up on the registered complaints and feedback with relevant field offices and closely work with the Gender and Protection Officer and Emergency Coordinator to make sure s/he has the update programme knowledge.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Receiving complaints and feedback and logging them appropriately into the CFM database (SugarCRM) as per the Intake Form layout defined in the SOP. This includes receiving complaint and feedback through the define channels such as hotline number;
2. Follow CFM protocols, including seeking consent for logging personally identifiable information;
3. Where needed, to ask and seek for guidance and clarification from the CFM manager;
4. Translating the case into English, if and when reported in any other language;
5. Assign cases and copy relevant staff, if and where required;
6. Review the actions taken to follow-up on the case (i.e. response section of the Intake Form) and close the case once over by completing the “resolution” section;
7. Prepare and update an appropriate information directory and/or FAQ.
8.world food programme wfp vacancy Seek guidance from the CFM Manager when required. Engage and support to develop sensitization documents and engage in translation work from English to local language/s.
9. Proofread written documents, such as standard reports and correspondence, to contribute to the accuracy of written information developed by staff.
10. Provide a set of standard business support activities, where required, to contribute to the effective functioning of business operations.
11. Make travel arrangements and support events, etc., to support staff to work effectively.
12. Support the maintenance of office files, documents, and records in accordance with established systems and processes so that information is current and readily available for staff.
13. Undertake standard data entry tasks, data cleaning support in accordance with defined systems, to ensure information is organized and readily available for the business team.
14. Support emergency response coordination activities and monitoring when required
world food programme wfp vacancy STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Minimum Requirement: Completion of secondary school education is the minimum requirement.
Desirable: A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Experience: 2 years of relevant experience are required. Prior experience with WFP and supporting emergency operations is desirable.
Knowledge & Skills:
Prior experience in using WFP sensitization work in an emergency in the near past
Sensitivity towards the ground-level situation
High level of integrity and maintaining the confidentiality
Proficient in MS Office
Basic knowledge of country context and local insights
Strong interpersonal skill
Languages: Strong oral and written communication skills in Tamil and English
How To Apply:
Click ‘Apply’ to the link below to start the application process. Candidates are requested to create an account in WFP E-Recruitment system before applying.
Please also include your CV with a cover letter, highlighting your motivation and suitability for this vacancy, as part of an online application.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package including basic salary and medical insurance.
Please visit https://www.wfp.org/countries/sri-lanka to learn more about WFP’s operations in Sri lanka.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
“world food programme (wfp) vacancy announcements”,”world food programme (wfp) vacancy announcements in ethiopia”,”world food programme (wfp) vacancy announcements in south sudan”,”world food.programme.jobs”,”world food programme activities”,”world food programme international jobs”,”world food programme recruitment process”,
“world food programme is it legit”,